violinist + violist= violanist

¡Hola!

Welcome to the blog of the average violanist! I have decided to make this blog because I always have these amazing practising ideas always pop into my head and I just really want to share these ideas with others like me! Please follow and I will be updating as much as possible!

Gracias,
Kt


Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Violin

My violan teacher suggested that I work on the first two pages of vivaldi's violin concerto in G minor found in suzuki violin book 5 this week. There are four pages. My violan teacher believes that it is better to have the notes polished than to learn new notes and not have the notes from previous parts of the piece be up to their full potential.
In my opinion, this violin concerto is actually quite easy. There are just a couple parts for me that need a little tidying up. The measures on pages 1 & 2 that I find need a bit more attention are: 36-47, 65-75, and 84-95. For the last couple of days, I have been just zipping on through the first two pages of the concerto, not polishing up the suggested parts. I would call the last couple of days of violin practice anything but progressive.
I knew I needed to solve this problem, so I came up with another practicing technique!


What I did was I decided to rephotocopy the first two pages. Then, I cut out each line, stacked them all together, and shuffled them together! What this does is it allows you to focus on just the notes on the small sliver of paper! 
If you are going to do this, photocopy your reportoire first! Do not cut up your reportoire with all of your markings!!! Also, if you have already memorized parts of your reportoire that are not on the lines, then this excercise might not work for you, but if you think this excercise is going to help you, then you will need to force yourself to stop playing once you have gotten to the end of the line!
I hope this helps!! Happy practicing over this fine summer!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment