violinist + violist= violanist

¡Hola!

Welcome to the blog of the average violanist! I have decided to make this blog because I always have these amazing practising ideas always pop into my head and I just really want to share these ideas with others like me! Please follow and I will be updating as much as possible!

Gracias,
Kt


Monday, June 10, 2013

Viola

Today was my first day at Raspberry Ridge Strings Camp!
First, we had orchestra! It went better than I expected! I hate to brag, but I was second viola- only because there were 3 violas. 
Next, we had ensemble. I am playing viola in a quartet. Our Quartet piece is K421 4th movement by Mozart.


I really need to work on the viola solos- for the fourth millionth time! 
Next we had snack, chips & salsa. Then we had choir. It was fun. It started raining intensely. Then we had lunch, we got dismissed early from choir practice. After lunch we had sectional practice. We talked about the fact that the counselours might take out the Dvorak waltz. I really don't know what to say to that. The violins sounded really good downstairs when they were doing sectionals. The viola part is easier. Then, I had theory. I wish I could have kept that timeline. When I was getting out of theory, I learned from my friend Kendall that my viola and her violin were made by the same maker-Antonio Fiorini. I can't figure out whether that is a coincidence or not. No wonder they looked so similar! I then had tennis, but since it was raining, we played ping-pong. I got hit in the face. Then, I had theory, whoops mix-up in my schedule. Then, one of the teachers at the camp Ms. Boyce, showed us her old violins. They were really cool! Then we went home.
I must practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment