violinist + violist= violanist

¡Hola!

Welcome to the blog of the average violanist! I have decided to make this blog because I always have these amazing practising ideas always pop into my head and I just really want to share these ideas with others like me! Please follow and I will be updating as much as possible!

Gracias,
Kt


Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Viola

Third day of Raspberry Ridge!
Orchestra: We practiced Handel's Messiah. I practiced that as soon as I got home today!
Ensemble: I got some help from a fellow violist named Hannah! She helped me out during free time! If Hannah & I have one thing in common it's that we both know that our quartet recital is now less than 72 hours away & that we have to pull it together! At this point, I don't care if our first violinist is getting all the notes (yes, he says he practices, but nobody is perfect) I just care about myself getting all the solo parts!
During free time, Hannah helped me out with the viola solo part-in front of everyone on the camp's basketball court, but being that there were ensembles everywhere and a private teacher helping each and every one of our qaurtet members, it wasn't very unusual.
"It's not the music that you remember, it's the people."-Hannah
During choir rehearsal, Kendall and I were separated. Very clever, conductor. I never saw that coming!
During lunch, Dr. Holly was a guest speaker. He spoke about his hidden talent which is how he had memorized the dates of when composers were born and when they died. He memorized quite a lot of composers. However, I stumbled him on Viotti (1755-1824)! I need to remember to ask him next year to see if he will remember!


Ensemble: Normal!
Tennis: I learned that our tennis instructor, Clare, was learning Spanish because her husband is Bolivian. I talked to her some en EspaƱol.
Theory: I explained the definition of vernacular. Vernacular is the local language of a location. For example, if someone in, let's say, Germany, says their Bible is written in vernacular, that means that their Bible is written in German! I also talked to Ms. Boyce about Ms. Bierk. I hope she is doing better! If it weren't for Ms. Bierk, I wouldn't be where I am now!
Free time: We had a guest speaker named Chisun. She had a very inspiring story to tell. She talked about her story of how she became a believer in God. She talked about how she was applying for colleges and how she kept on getting letters back saying "we can't accept you into our college". The more rejection letters she kept on recieving, the less she started believing in God. Chisun soon came to a point where she thought this whole God thing was bogas. Chisun soon got accepted into UNC. She didn't really want to go to UNC, but soon figured out the reason God decided to put her there. As a college, UNC has the second largest Christian community. That is why God put her there, so she could return to her faith. Chisun told everyone that she would be happy to talk to anyone abot their problems and I decided to talk to her. I talked to her about my whole chaamber story and she gave me her advice:
"they can practice for hours, for days, or maybe not at all, but Kt shall be the one that will end up excelling!"-Chisun
That was my day. Thank you Chisun!



No comments:

Post a Comment