violinist + violist= violanist

¡Hola!

Welcome to the blog of the average violanist! I have decided to make this blog because I always have these amazing practising ideas always pop into my head and I just really want to share these ideas with others like me! Please follow and I will be updating as much as possible!

Gracias,
Kt


Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Viola

Today was my second day of Raspberry Ridge camp.
First we had orchestra rehearsal. We practiced Jenkin's Palladio (easy!), Dvorak's Waltz in A major (medium), and Handel's Messiah (I had to sight read that, but everything was okay). It was a good rehearsal.
I then had ensemble practice. I thought that I had my viola solos in our quartet down, but I was wrong. I individually told our coach that I would like to play the viola solos for him so he could tell me what I could do better on them & for some reason everyone else in the quartet had to stop and listen. I got nervous and all of last night's practice went to waste. Just the fact that we have about 72 hours until our concert scares me. Time is running out! To be honest, I really hope that our first violin is practicing, or else we are dead. That ruined my day (and my self-esteem).
I then had free period. I did some more art. Yesterday, I started painting a Day Lily.


See the red part? Well, everything about my painting was perfect (in my standards) until I started painting in the red part. Now it is ruined! That's the one thing I hate about art. If you mess up one tiny detail, you end up messing up everything!
I then had choir. I got to sit by my friend Kendall! We had so much fun making jokes that one of the counselors had to come over and tell us to be quiet! Made my day!
Then I had lunch. Kendall & I decided to try dipping veggi sticks into vanilla yogurt. It didn't taste like anything. We then dipped pretzels in the vanilla yogurt. That was awesome! We were so loud during lunch. All we talked about was food!
After lunch, I had ensemble. I got the Halelluia down. Yay me.
After ensemble, I had tennis. I made such a fool of myself, but it's always good to try something new everyday!
I then had theory. In my opinion, it is the most boring class I have ever attended. I really was thinking about skipping, but I have never skipped class before; I consider skipping class to be a taboo. 
Don't skip class! 
Ten minutes into theory, we got cut short because a priest from the Chapel Hill Bible Church was here to pray and give us a sermon. That didn't mean that class was cut short. But today's class was better than I thought. We talked about how Shiniki Suzuki met Einstein. It was very interesting! We also talked about the history of music and history in general through an amazing timeline. 
Camp was over. I played soccer. Life is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment